Anthony and Margaret’s daughter Ann married Thomas Blakey. Bible records containing many of the vital records of the Blakey family exist – at least one is available in the digital images at the Library of Virginia website. Ann was born 7 Nov 1724 and married Thomas Blakey 12 Jan 1746. He died in Buckingham County, 1791, but the date of Ann’s death was not recorded.
Children of Ann Haden and Thomas Blakey were born in Albemarle and Buckingham Counties in Virginia. The cousin marriages within this family are confusing to say the least. Please feel free to email me for any clarification.
1. Sarah George "Sally" Blakey, b. 15 Feb 1747, married David Patterson on 15 Apr 1763, Buckingham Co, VA. Sally died 4 Dec 1822, Buckingham Co.
2. George Blakey, b. 22 Nov 1749, Albemarle Co VA, married Margaret "Peggy" Whitsitt, 10 Jan 1787, in Henry Co, VA. They moved to Davidson Co, TN in the 1790's, and then on to Logan Co, KY by about 1800. There were ten children. George & Peggy's eldest daughter Pamela married her cousin William Haden Jr, son of William Haden & Nancy Johson. Son Reuben died at about one year of age. Their son Col. William W. Blakey married Susan Churchill Breathitt, sister to John Breathitt, once a Governor of Kentucky. Their son Dr. Thomas S. Blakey married Ann Haden Whitsitt, a granddaughter of William Haden & Ann Johnson. Daughter Elizabeth Whitsitt Blakey married John M. Hogan. Their son Dr. Churchill Haden Blakey married his cousin Sally Haden, the youngest daughter of William Haden and his third wife Sally Johnston Haden. Their son James Whitsitt Blakey married a Nancy J. Haden that I believe was a child of William Haden Jr by a wife he had previous to Pamela Blakey - the evidence is circumstantial. Daughter Sarah Patterson Blakey married James Samuel Proctor. Their daughter Eleanor "Nellie" married a cousin, Rezin Porter Haden, a grandson of Joseph Haden & Mary Peatross, Joseph being a son of John Haden & Jean Moseley. The youngest son, George Douglas Blakey married a first cousin once removed, Lucy Thomas whose maternal grandmother was Sarah George Blakey Patterson - he wrote articles about the citizens of Logan Co for the local newspaper which have been republished and furnished me with a great many research hints. George Blakey served in the Revolution - he died at his home in Logan Co, 8 Sep 1842.
3. Thomas Blakey was born 7 Apr 1752, married Frances Perrow, died 19 Jan 1791, Buckingham Co, VA.
4. Catherine Blakey was born 24 Nov 1753, and married the Rev. Robert Stockton, 7 Sep 1768. He was a frontier minister, responsible for organizing new congregations. There were at least twelve children. They were in Barren Co, KY by 1800. One of their daughters, Catherine B. "Kitty" Stockton, married Benjamin Haden, son of William & Nancy Johnson Haden of Logan Co KY, 10 Feb 1807. Benjamin Haden died after the birth of a single son and Kitty married Lowry Bishop, 10 Feb 1810. Many of the online databases have confused Kitty with her niece, also named Catherine B. Stockton who married John Coffee Hall, 29 Oct 1815, Barren Co. The niece Catherine had two sons and died prior to 1828 - she was the daughter of Robert Stockton JR. and Nancy Blakey, another grandchild of Thomas Blakey & Ann Haden. Very many databases have combined these two Catherines into a single person. I have court cases clearly establishing these relationships.
5. A son John Blakey was born 30 Dec 1754. I've never seen anything further about him.
6. William Blakey was born 16 Oct 1756, and was married to Elizabeth Spencer. He died about 1813 in Cumberland Co, KY. They were the parents of Nancy Blakey who married Robert Stockton Jr.
7. Reuben Blakey, born 4 Nov 1758, is said to have drowned as a young man - in the Kentucky River on his way to the "far west"
8. Churchill Blakey, named for his paternal grandfather, was born 11 Apr 1760. He married 2 Aug 1780 in Henry Co VA to Agnes Anthony. They moved to Wilkes Co, Georgia where Churchill died in 1837.
9. Joseph Blakey was born 28 Aug 1762, Buckingham Co VA and married Winifred Anthony about 1785. Winifred was a sister to Agnes, both daughters of Joseph Anthony and Elizabeth Clark. Joseph died in Wilkes Co, GA about 1792.
10. Ann Haden Blakey was born 26 Mar 1765, Buckingham Co VA. She married Joseph Oglesby about 1779. They were parents of at least thirteen children, some of whom moved on to Kentucky and then Indiana.