This post is for any male Comstock descendant who still carries the Comstock surname.
There is a one-week sale at FamilyTree DNA. The 37 marker Y-DNA test is the cheapest it has ever been and this is the test most often recommended for genealogy purposes. If you have considered having your DNA tested to help prove the lineage of the four proposed sons now would be the time to do so. So far only two descendants of Samuel Comstock of Rhode Island have been tested.
The sale is from today, Friday, July 15th, 2011, through Thursday, July 21st, at 11:59 PM CST. The “regular pricing” shown below is already a project group price and is less than ordering directly from the FamilyTree DNA homepage
• Y-DNA37 for $119 (Regular price would be $149)
• Y-DNA67 for $199 (Regular price would be $239)
• Family Finder for $199 (Regular price would be $289)
• Family Finder + Y-DNA37 for $318 (Regular price would be $438)
• Family Finder + mtDNAPlus for $318 (Regular Price would be $438)
• mtDNA Full Sequence for $219 (Regular Price would be $299)
• SuperDNA for $418 (Regular Price would be $518, includes Y-DNA67 and mtFullSequence)
• Comprehensive Genome for $617 (Regular Price would be $797, includes Y-DNA67, mtFullSequence and Family Finder)
In addition, existing Family Tree DNA customers may order the Family Finder add-on for $199
Unfortunately these are also the dates of my vacation, and much of the time I will not have computer access to answer any questions. However, ordering a test is easy to do. The test should be ordered through the Comstock project for you to be a part and have your DNA compared there with other Comstock descendants. Results are posted by a Kit number, not by name - privacy is respected. Here is the Comstock DNA Project home page
At the top of the page is a “Join” tab, which leads to a page with the option to “Purchase a Test to Join This Project”. Follow the instructions.
Any questions about the test – what it consists of, etc – can be answered by going to the FamilyTree DNA homepage and checking the FAQs found there.
This is the first time prices have been this low since last summer and the opportunity to puchase tests at these prices may be come again.